Polaris ATV Forum banner

Jerky startup

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  RVS Performance 
#1 ·
Hey guys, thanks in advance for the help!

I am having some jerking when I start from a stop. I thought I needed a new belt and changed it but that has only helped slightly. It does it in both forward and reverse. Is there a way to adjust the clutch on a 2011 850 xp?

I am not opposed to taking it into the dealer if that is a better idea? I searched the forum and saw a post where a guy said his dealer would adjust for $89.99... That would be well worth the money to me.

Thanks again!

#2 ·
My 550 does it. Some folks are having luck with changing a clutch spring. Might be what they are calling an "adjustment".

Sean

#6 ·
Get a qsc clutch kit. It will smooth out envagment.

Rvsperformance is a guy on here

#8 ·
Ridinagain, what could I expect performance and cost wise for the 2 sporty's I have below? Thanks! :^) :banana:

#9 ·
Bigger gains with the 10 as it has more HP, but typically guys are seeing about 1 1/2-2 machine lengths in 600-700' on a 500 with stock tires or close. Much stronger pull off the line in through the mid range. If you put bigger tires on you will typically be back to stock or slightly better performance. The 500 kits retail at $219

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.