Polaris ATV Forum banner

2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 Twin

13K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  fishhooker 
#1 ·
So I just bought my first four wheeler, It's an 04 Sportsman 700 Twin and I'm already in need of some repair. I came back from my first ride and my front right CV Joint boot has a lot of thick grease coming out of it. My friend told me just to replace the boot, but it's easier said than done. There's no Polaris dealer within an hour and a half of me, and I went online to order a boot and have no clue what I'm doing. I'm given these three options and have no clue which mine is. A04CH68AC SPORTSMAN 700 (A04CH68AC/AF/AH/AJ/AT/AV), A04CH68AK SPORTSMAN 700 (A04CH68AK/AL/AN/AO)A04CH68AU/CU, or SPORTSMAN 700 (A04CH68AP/AQ/AU/CU). At first I thought the A04... was an engine number but my engine number is EH068OLE015. When I searched on google it just tells me what oil's to use for my engine. Also I'm reading that there's an early model 04 and a late model. Mine has a choke so I know it's not jetted, I'm not finding anything specific about what it being a twin means. If anyone can help choose which one i pick and a good place to order my part, i would apreciate it greatly. Thanks so much.

#4 ·
CV Boots for ATV's- Largest selection -Wholesale Prices
The twin in the 700 means 2 cylinders.
There are 3 different boots for this machine front,rear upper and rear lower.
Download the manual for this machine and read.
If you have unlimited money it doesn't matter that you know nothing, but if you're like most of us you need to learn how to wrench on this machine. You should really change out ALL the fluids and do the plugs,air filter and a belt before you ride again, and check all the boots for tears.

#6 ·
Any NAPA can order them. I don't have the part number here, I'll post it up monday. I had to replace one a couple of weeks ago when a stick poked a hole in one. Those model numbers you are referring to should be under the front rack on the "hood". That's where mine is on my '04.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.