Polaris ATV Forum banner

500 HO Snorkel

17K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  35197 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm thinking of building my own snorkel kit for my 2010 sportsman 500 HO and just have a few questions on what you guys did or would do when you built your own. What diameter pipe did you use to snorkel the cvt and air box? Would 2 inch be ideal for both? And should I run a single or two tubes on my air box plate? I really want to just run two tubes out one side of my front fender. Something similar to what Alljackedupatv.com does with theirs.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm thinking of running two 1.5 inch intake hoses on my intake plate and then T both of them into one 2 inch snorkel tube and run that out of the left fender, with the CVT exhaust ill just run a 2 inch hose straight to a snorkel on the fender as well, and with the CVT intake I think ill run that to the pod. I think they'll all be around the same height. What do you guys think?

#4 ·
I think that's a good idea but yet again I don't have any experience with this lol. What I was thinking about doing was having 4 snorkel tubes (2 on each side) but that's just be. Whatever ya do keep us posted cause I'd definitely be in trusted in seeing how ya do it. I know this is off topic but how do ya like your bead locks?

#7 ·
There is not much room under the plastics of the sportsman for snorkeling, so I have never seen nor tried to run 2". I would stick with two 1.5" for the air intake, one 1.5" for the belt intake, and one 1.5" for the belt exhaust. Now if you are going to run your belt snorkels into the headlight pod, why not also run your air intake snorkels in there too? I personally do not like the fender snorkels, or any snorkels on the sides for that matter. If you are off camber in the water, side snorkels tend to dip under the water before center snorkels do. In my opinion I would stay away from side/fender snorkels and do either all stealth, or center snorkels through through the box. Just something to think about.

#8 ·
I'm finishing mine up now on my 500HO. I went with the triangle riser kit sold by highlifter. Comes with 1.5" tubing with 4 1.5" risers for the center of the front trunk.

#9 ·
Thanks guys I don't mind the two snorks on one side but that also is just my preference, I don't think ill be in that deep of water to cause problems..I hope lol. I just figure that having the air intake and clutch exhaust outside of the pod would let it breathe better than having both of them in a enclosed headlight pod. Then again I don't know because I've never snorkeled a quad.

#13 ·
Hey guys sorry I haven't been on lately, the snorks have been on hold for a bit due to me working on my front diff leak. I did snorkel the coolant overflow, front diff, rear gear case, and carb vent up to the pod. I also plugged the carb drain bowl too. Only things left is the big stuff like intake and clutch. actually going to Appleton MN this weekend and test it out at their ORV/ATV park.

#14 ·
I got a friend that can machine the plate for my wheeler for those two snorks going off the left side, I could buy the plate and hose's from alljackedupatv but they wanted $225 for the plate and hoses. Pretty steep for my liking, I understand they got to make some cash. I just got to give the dimensions to my friend and he should get something put together for me by mid may. Costs about 10 bucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.