Polaris ATV Forum banner

2014 sportsman fitting in stepside chevy?

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  MustBeNice 
#1 ·
I used my buddies trailer to get my new quad home and was wondering if anyone knows if my 2014 sp800 will fit in a 1999 NBS stepside chevy (width being the issue)

#2 ·
use a tape measure.

#3 ·
That's one of those.... "DOH, WHY DIDN"T I THINK OF THAT?" type moments!!

#11 ·
I think many of us were on the same page here....... confused, as that statement implies that it is already home, so it could be measured or tried?! :dunno: :question:

i bet it will, but it will be tight. a stepside is the same width as a normal bed between the wheel wells. i know my XP squeezed through, and i believe the Value line is a tad skinnier.
I believe the stepside width to be 49" x 6.5' (+ tailgate).... basically wheel well width. ( I know back when I had my 1996 GMC Stepside a 4x8 sheet of plywood would barely fit, with only ~ 0.5-1" on either side.) And the width of a 2011-14 Sportsman 800 (with stock rims/tires) is ~48".

So, YES.... I think it should fit. But it will be VERY COZY, with minimal room for laoding error!!!! So, be sure to wear your helmet when loading!!!! :shocked1:

Good Luck! :fing02:

#7 ·
I don't know with certainty, but I'm thinking it would be a no go. By all means when you can measure it, do that, but those beds are pretty narrow!

#9 ·
i bet it will, but it will be tight. a stepside is the same width as a normal bed between the wheel wells. i know my XP squeezed through, and i believe the Value line is a tad skinnier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.