Polaris ATV Forum banner

86 trail boss carb issues

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Mudder2 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi just stared having a flooding /gas pouring out the carb i did have the carb apart is there a rubber or nylon seat in the needle /seat maybe i lost it if there is one .Thanks

#2 ·
There is an o-ring on the seat part but it wouldn’t have fallen off. Probably need to take the carb apart again. Could be just something went through and is holding the needle open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I don't think so. Looking at the parts diagram, there is a "packing" that goes in there. Generally that is an o-ring that goes around the seat part and seals it to the bore. But if there isn't a groove around the outside of the seat for the o-ring, then it would go under the seat and could have fallen out. Take a look at the parts diagram here and see what you have. Could be the float set too low or not floating.

http://parts.polarisind.com/images/1170/1170048A.gif

#6 ·
Thanks for FOR REPLY'S i did put a o-ring under the seat i dont think there is any removable seat where the needle goes so far so good not leaking hope it stays that way .anyone else have a bad gas tank mine broke where the polaris emblem goes tried to fix it ut no go so now i have a remote tank

#7 ·
You should be able to find a used one on Ebay or Powersportsnation.com. Both are good places for used parts.

#9 · (Edited)
If you have the original carb, the float needle seat screwed into the carb body and was sealed with a paper or aluminum washer - I can't imagine where you put an o-ring - the only o-ring in the entire carb was as a seal for the main jet quick access cap on the bottom of the float bowl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.