Polaris ATV Forum banner

"00-"02 TrailBlazer 250 Exhaust issue

Tags
exhaust.
3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  stave7119 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been rebuilding a "00-"02 (can't recall exact model year and frame # too hard to read) TrailBlazer 250 at my highschool with a teacher and we ran into the issue of reinstalling a stock exhaust pipe. We removed the aftermarket one and placed the stock front piece back on correctly but when installing the pipe that runs to the back, It doesn't align properly with the pipe from the motor. It is mounted on the right spot but the gap is too large and the bend doesn't seem right. I've attached some photos below to try and help visually. I've got the exhaust springs as well. There is a bracket the previous owner added which we plan to cut off as well. It isn't on the parts bike that is sitting behind this one.

Thanks,

Jackson

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Can you align the pipes properly and mount it to the machine in the right places? It looks like that is the same as the 250 xplorer I have and all the 250 engines are pretty much the same. I will check in the shop

#3 ·
I'd leave all the mounting hardware for the main pipe loose. Take the springs back off the manifold at the engine. Install the springs on the pipe joint and then wiggle it all around to ensure the fit before finally putting the springs back on the manifold and tightening the muffler hardware.

Attachments

#4 ·
Looks like the pipes on the 250 Xplorer in my shop. And the silly thing turned sideways.....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.