Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to pull the hub apart on my sportsman, when I went to reassemble I found this circle spring, it is not the one that goes around the clutch it is bigger and I cant figure out where it goes? I checked a few online parts fiche and dont see it listed, nor do I see it talked about in any of the how to threads. It looks just like the one on the clutch only bigger. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Browse

Garter spring..... #11 on the front wheel diagram.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Number 11 is the one that goes on the clutch, that one is on there. This one is bigger but fell out of that same area?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I see what you mean.....I just looked at some other fiches and don't see it either. :gruebel: A mystery spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been doing some more digging online, and apparently the hub seal has a spring in it, I am thinking it came from there. It doesnt look like I can get the seal out and replace the spring without damaging the seal.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have been doing some more digging online, and apparently the hub seal has a spring in it, I am thinking it came from there. It doesnt look like I can get the seal out and replace the spring without damaging the seal.
I think you're right about the spring going inside the hub seal. I think you may have to change the seal like you say.....

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
It is the spring from the seal. I went through the same thing a few years ago. My experience is that its worth replacing them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts