Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disconnecting the black lead from the CDI cures it but i loose other important functions with wire disconnect.
Bogs and backfires in forward, also rev limiter does not work in reverse. Please help. Thanks Jim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Casing the same problem in my 800efi right now. I have it narrowed done to the speedometer. On mine the speedometer controls the speed limiting in reverse. Not sure if yours is the same. Im thinking it is. Hook the black wire back up to the CDI and unplug the speedometer and see if it still runs good that way.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Yes, the rev limiter is part of the speedo - try unplugging it and see that cures the problem - have you tried holding in the reverst override button while in forward?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try that, it seems to happen after a couple miles and when is happening if i put it in neutral and rev it up the neutral light blinks along with the backfiring, but does not blink normally. It has no limiter in reverse and the button does nothing, I pulled the connector to the rev button and put my continuity tester on it and the button is working. Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No limiter in reverse, and the button has no affect when the problem happens. The po changed the ignition switch, seems like the wrong switch it has a extra position after ON but does not spring back like a regular key start. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulling the speedo connectors worked for my 01 500ho backfiring,bogging in forward intermittently and no rev limiter in reverse, going to hook up the speedo connector with less wires and see if that brings it back(for my curiosity). Thanks for the advise guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts