Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hose that hangs from the bottom of the bowl on my 01 Sportsman 500 HO runs gas out all the time running or not. It will not stop unless you shut the gas off. I took the carb apart tonight and everything looked very clean. The hose has what appears to be some sort of inline filter but that piece actually has VAC stamped on it. I'm stuck. Help????

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sounds like you need to replace the needle valve in the carb. If you have a mighty vac you can test the carb or if you bring the carb to a dealer they can test it just to be sure. When the needle valve leaks it does exactly what you are describing. Let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
37 Posts
sound like your drain line is leaking. i have a 01 400cc it has a drain screw at the bottom of carb. bowl. If screw is bad or loose it will leak all the time. that filter as you call it is a one way valve to keep water or mud out

·
Registered
37 Posts
If the inlet needle is leaking it usually starts hard(flooded) high fuel level. but it DOES run out drain line. I have a snowmobile i need to change. I just shut off gas when i stop for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts