Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 scrambler 500 4x4. The only mods I have done to it is I had the restricter plug is drilled out and I have a jet kit. It runs great on flat land and through trailes. But if it bicycles (rides on two wheels) or when I jump it or if I cat walk it it starts to sputter immediately. It sat for a little over a year so I had the carb rebuilt then it quit running so I had it rebuilt again and had my fuel lines replaced because they where worn out inside And now I have a sputtering problem. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
what is the restrictor plug mod? never heard of it?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
You have to remove the float bowl from the carb and turn it upside down and set the float arm level to the bowl. Never heard of the restrictor mod either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On some model polaris in the return fuel lime there is a restrictor plug. It is used to boost fuel pressure going into the carb. It looks like a brass plug with a small hole drilled in it about an 1in from the carb. If you have replaced your fuel lines you may have accidentally discarded it. But if you do have it u can drill it out a bit and it will improve power all axross the bands. It woke my bike up a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts