Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i was riding last weekend the day got cut kinda short cause i lost all electrical power. No fan, lights, indicators, starter nothing.

Today i was poking around and the red/white wire coming off solenoid snapped off....according to my clymer that runs right to the key switch...so im assuming this wire is probably my problem?

I didnt have time to fix it today so i just left it but im curious if im on right track...im not great with wireing

·
Super Moderator
17,742 Posts
Nope - not even close

The white wire with a red stripe is the control wire for the solenoid - without it connected, it will not close the solenoid and engage the starter motor.

Battery power is the red wire on the key switch - if you don't have 12v on the red wire to the frame, check the battery connections first and the neg to frame connection second - if still no power, check the circuit breaker in the red chassis wire going to the key switch.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope - not even close

The white wire with a red stripe is the control wire for the solenoid - without it connected, it will not close the solenoid and engage the starter motor.

Battery power is the red wire on the key switch - if you don't have 12v on the red wire to the frame, check the battery connections first and the neg to frame connection second - if still no power, check the circuit breaker in the red chassis wire going to the key switch.
Im gonna pry mess with it today. Ill report the findings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts