Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a usually good running nice Trailboss 325 (2001). Did not use it for a year. I drained the gas, bought a battery and cleaned the carb. I tried to start it for a while and it just would not start. It was turning over but would not start. After repeated attempts to start it, I realized that I could not smell gas at all which I would expect to smell from trying to start it several times. I removed the air filter and sprayed starter fluid into the carb and it would fire right up for a few seconds and then die after the starter fluid burned off. Yes, my fuel line was on. I think I might have a fuel pump problem. Can anyone tell me what they think and if the fuel pump is a common problem on these machines. Also I removed the fuel pump and plan on opening it up to inspect it. Are there any tell tale signs of a bad fuel pump that I should look for. Thanks, Greg

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem! But with the 2005 700 efi. Fuel pump went replaced with a fuel pump from a 1992 Hyundai Sonata. I found it at advance auto parts for 94$ with tax it mite fit? find the psi and gpm and that will help

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had 2000 trailboss same thing for first start in spring, check for dirt in the petcock, and the filter once I had an air bubble in the fuel line, the only way I could think to get rid of it was to force it out by blowing down the lid with my mouth it worked just make sure no one is looking!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Poblem Fixed

Went to the dealer and bought a fuel pump rebuild kit for about $44.00. Problem fixed and is running like new. Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
1 Posts
How difficult was it to rebuild the fuel pump I am having the same problem. I could not smell gas, would run on starting fluid. Found that there was fuel going to the pump and fuel dripping out of the petcock but no fuel coming out of the fuel pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts