Polaris ATV Forum banner

'01 Xplorer 250 sudden loss of electrical

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FPD218 
#1 ·
I was out riding today and noticed that my headlight, dashlights and AWD all stopped working, however, the engine continued to run. I shut off the engine, did some quick troubleshooting and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The electric start did not work but I was able to pull start it.

I got it back into the garage and a few hours later I was about to start digging into it and noticed that electrical power had been restored.

I do have a wiring diagram and noticed there is a 20A circuit breaker (have not traced this down yet). Is this breaker a self resetting type? If so, that may explain the power coming back on but not what tripped it to start with.

Anyway, if anyone had any suggestions as to where to start looking or what may have caused this I'm all ears.

Thx!!

#2 ·
I was out riding today and noticed that my headlight, dashlights and AWD all stopped working, however, the engine continued to run. I shut off the engine, did some quick troubleshooting and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The electric start did not work but I was able to pull start it.

I got it back into the garage and a few hours later I was about to start digging into it and noticed that electrical power had been restored.

I do have a wiring diagram and noticed there is a 20A circuit breaker (have not traced this down yet). Is this breaker a self resetting type? If so, that may explain the power coming back on but not what tripped it to start with.

Anyway, if anyone had any suggestions as to where to start looking or what may have caused this I'm all ears.

Thx!!

Thx!!
Hi there I have recently been handed down my late grandpas 01 xplorer 250 and it has the exact same issue. I replaced the 20amp braker bit still dose the same thing. If you or anyone has anymore on this issue let me know thanks

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.