Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I have an occurring problem with my polaris. I got an 01 sportsman 500 ho a few weeks ago. Been slowly working out the bugs. One bug I cannot wrap my head around is that the quad runs flawlessly when in any gear and in 2 wheel drive, but when I put it in 4x4 and the quad is warmed up, it starts to run rough spots and sputters especially when in a slight incline and will eventually stall if not gradual with the throttle.. I have a carb rebuild kit and haven't put it on yet. But I didnt know if that was the root of the problem being that it runs good while in 2 wheel drive...NEED HELP.
I have no answers for this one.????

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
I wonder if there is some sort of resistance associated with the AWD system. have you jacked up the machine with all 4 wheels off the ground and tested the AWD system out??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if there is some sort of resistance associated with the AWD system. have you jacked up the machine with all 4 wheels off the ground and tested the AWD system out??
That I have not done. I didnt know if maybe it had to do with the fact that the throttle assembly is also run kind of through that 4 wheel drive switch??

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
well at this point its possible. your thoughts electrical mine went mechanical. pop the connectors off and make sure they're clean and good contact between the pins is being achieved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts