Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my new battery going dead. Checked everything and am down to the voltage regulator, the red wire is always hot and when i unplug it the volt drain is off. Is this a possible bad regulator?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the new AGM battery go dead on my 02 400Sportsman this summer and what i found was the red pos going to the battery from the regulator in the front of the radiator was draining the battery. My fix after finding the regulator was on BO was to run the pos wire from the regulator to the IGN switch for a switched circuit instead of the battery. Works like a charm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
same problem

I have same problem...it's draining @about 180 mA ...i tested the 12v cigarette socket and it is switched with the key so I'm gonna try running the wire from the regulator to that socket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wired my old regulator to the ign switch in 2009 and have had no problems since. Polaris really was out to lunch on this issue never should it have been wired to the battery. My new regulator sits on the shelf to this day.


I have same problem...it's draining @about 180 mA ...i tested the 12v cigarette socket and it is switched with the key so I'm gonna try running the wire from the regulator to that socket.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top