Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant shift out of reverse. was wondering if this has happened to anyone before and what the fix would be.

·
Registered
102 Posts
not sure if it is the same as my 2000 but it sometimes gets stuck in revers when you try shifting foward.Mine has th shifter with the hi-lo beside each other and the 2 shifter rods goin back if it is the same problem the shifter is wore out you can make it work by releasing the revers rod should be the inside one at the shifter get ahold of it with some pliers and shove it back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried this today and it worked. Pull the sideplate from the ATV so that you have access to the gear shifter assembly. Unbolt the gearshift assembly from the mounting bracket. There are two bolts at the rear near the two rods that exit the assembly and three on the bottom. When the bolts are out, remove the assembly from the mounting bracket. Hold it in your hand and move the shift lever through all of the positions. This won't actually shift the transmission, but it should free up the rods in the assembly. Remount the assembly with the five bolts and it should now be able to shift out of reverse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts