Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, first off let me say thank you for any future help and this is my first post as i just found this wonderful site but couldnt find a thread related to mine

OK here it goes, its a 2002 scrambler 400 4x4 2 stroke by the way

i took the quad out of the shed one day and had just ridden the weekend before and all was fine. i pull it becasue my battery is shot and starts 1st pull no choke like normal. it revs fine in netural but when put in drive it was dying right away but would start back up

Now somehow it doesnt die when its in drive, it will start first pull rev nice in neutral, drop into gear and drive normallly, except bogs at wide open throttle, it will run and drive for about 15 mins till it bogs down shuts off and wont start up again for like an hour.

ive taken it apart, checked carb reeds air filter fuel tank and filter and petcock new spark plug everything is good.

i think the issue is electronics, the weekend before this started happnening my buddy scram 500 cdi box went while out riding, we didnt know see we tried jump starting off my perfectly good battery, and doing so drained my battery and now wont take a charge, could i have damaged my cdi box or stator

how do i test stator and cdi boxes? cant find in threads and cant find a service manual, any input is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
40 Posts
i have the same problem.. if i find info i will help and vice versa

My 400 two stroke scrambler is doing same thing. Runs abouy 3 minutes and dies. I meed to test the stator i have been told but i cant find a manual online or jo one has told me which wires to unplug and check with a ohm meter. if i find tje info i will let you knpw.. If you find it PLEASE do the same!

Does anyone have the procedure or know which wires to unplug amd check???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i know to trace the wires from stator which is behind the pull starter, up to under the front plastic where the oil resorvior is, but i dont know the correct readings it should pull or how exactly to test it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts