Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to the site but was hoping for some help. I just but a 2002 sportsman 700 twin and it ran fine when i loaded it up to come home and now it is bogging down and wont get over 30. After 30 it dies out I have replaced the fuel plugs fule filters and cleanded the carb and its still acting the same im thinking the problem may lay in the clutch its geting plenty of fuel and will rev right up when in park but when you put it into gear it is numb let me know what you guys think... thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
maybe sucking air?

check the carb intake boot for cracks also there is a donut in the exhaust that can cause issues... lean usually...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont think its sucking air i inspected the boot between the motor and the carb and thers not cracks

im checking out the clutch in the morning ill let you guys no

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like main jet may be stopped up.I had to tear my carb down and clean to get mine linned out. Mine ran fine until you crowded it , got on a steep hill or got over 30.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still having problems with it new plugs fuel fuel filter cleaned the carb and new belt. But it still is numbing up at 30 and dieing out and it gets hot I don't really want to bring it to a shop but that might be what happens

1 - 6 of 6 Posts