Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Got a question I'm hoping someone in the know can answer. I'm new to the whole forum thing, so my apologies if this has been asked before. I've recently purchased an '02 Sportsman 700 (mfg Sept '01) that was in need of some TLC. Fluids hadn't been changed in a long time, torn boots, broken CV's...etc. I've replaced all the half shafts - bought them from The CV Man. While I was installing one of the rear shafts, I did notice the outer CV joint seemed to be loose, but didn't give it much thought. After a test run, I noticed the boot was twisted. I removed the boot to discover the clip / circlip - whatever you want to call it, that holds the joint to the shaft was shattered. I've since disassembled the joint and cleaned out all the grease to remove any fragments that might have been left behind. The joint appears to be fine, I just need to replace this clip. My Polaris dealer doesn't list any part number. I've emailed the CV Man in hopes they can send me a replacement, or at best tell me the part number I need to order. I just don't want to waste time waiting on a response that may or may not come. Would anyone know the part number I need order?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I just got a reply from the CV Man. Their p/n for this clip is 915-17. Just wanted to post this in hopes it may help others in the same situation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
looking for some help. cant figure out how to post a question,

i have a 2002 sportsman 700, it idels fine, soon as u give it gas it , it fluds out. i have called differend dealers and everyone tell me something different
on the carb, is the needle valve, suposta be tight or loose, it looks like is worn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts