Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was gonna check the oil in my hubs,i thought the older models all had the hubs on the outside of wheel that you fill up. I checked mine and it don't have hubs like that. can it be that it is like the newer bikes. so where do I check the oil and what kind do I use.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I have a 02 and it has the hubs to fill up..look at front hub and rear hub you notice a difference...front is bigger ...it has 3 screws on front and if you rotate it has a drain screw on side...if you have not done them and had it awhile...I would drain and fill and run 15 miles and do it again...to make sure its clean in there...

dont check it....replace it.....

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
take off the caps and clean out the hubs, put back the caps. Undo the allen head screw and fill until it comes out at 3 o'clock. You can use synthetic ATF just fine for this. Drive for a while and repeat and you wont be posting later that it does not work. Rear hubs don't have any lubrication. That is in the rear diff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't know if it makes any diff but forgot to say it is 700 twin. I have read yalls post and appreciate the help but still didn't see a drain/fill hole on the hub itself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought my hubs were supposed to look like this but they don't

so just not sure what im supposed to check as far as hub oil

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
ok...the 700 has the central AWD hub...so its the front diff you drain and fill...02 was first year for the 700....so you have no hubs...i was thinking you may have had a 500....see why its good to post year and model and CC of engine....

there is a fill and drain plug...not sure where at....

you use the same fluid as you would on the hubs in there....if not mistaken its like 5.5 oz's

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok I think that clears it up for me....whew!! I thought I was going crazy for a minute there. thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts