Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i lost an engine due to an overheat issue the crank went insyallerd a new engine complete new impellar and it is still overheating new fan switch ,new temp switch. im lost ps also flushed out rad 10 or more times

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
there was a recall released on 02-03 700's because they were not cooling right....this was a while ago, but if your machine hasnt had it done it is still available. if you have your vin# you can PM me and i can run it and tell you if it has or hasnt been done. im pretty sure your machine falls under the affected units

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
recall

hi thanks for doing this the dealer has never heard of this recall my vin is 4xach68ax3a750503... thanks john

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi blueline15, I saw your response to this post as I have had the same problems with my 02 700, and I don't believe the recall was ever done, I also think I may be getting coolant in the crank case as it is using coolant. What exactly was this recall for? I would appreciate your help and will get the VIN# when I get home today, Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had the same prob my fan would not stay running on off on off it was the realy switch going to fan it is in a black plastic bag 2 wires in 2 wires out sets top line of fan in wireing harnes look for a little plastic bag hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
i lost an engine due to an overheat issue the crank went insyallerd a new engine complete new impellar and it is still overheating new fan switch ,new temp switch. im lost ps also flushed out rad 10 or more times
i had the same problem...i added a toggle switch and temp guage and to the relay out now i control when the fan comes on has'nt run hot since

1 - 10 of 10 Posts