Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team, I have a 03 Sportsmen. When I put my wheeler in AWD the light doesn't come on. That says no AWD. I checked power to the coil and have 12 volts. Jacked the bike up, started and flipped AWD put in gear and all wheels turn. Does this mean it works? I haven't put a load on it but just checkin?

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
Sounds like Yes, it's working - jack the rear wheels with a wheeled floor jack and see if the front wheels will pull it - if it's working, then it's simply an indicator problem.

If you have the LCD display, you first need to unplug it from the wiring harness and plug it back in - it might simply be a bad connection causing a loss of signal to activate the AWD segment. If you have the indicator light in the throttle housing, it n=may simply a faulty bulb - Polaris (in their wisdom in this case) installed a diode in parallel with the AWD indicator bulb so if the bulb failed, current would flow through the diode to keep the AWD active.

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
I've never changed one myself - it is not listed as a replacement part as it is only sold with the throttle housing assembly - an electronics technician (computer repair) may be able to identify the type of bulb used, find a supplier of them and replace it or determine it's wattage, envelope and find a similar bulb to substitute in it's place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts