Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to the site and am looking for input on a 2004 Magnum 330 4x4. The origin al CDI box burned up on me soon after I purchased the unit 2 years ago. Literally burned a hole in it. I replaced the CDI module with a new one and seemed to work ok however i have noticed a burning smell again from the front of the unit and have checked battery voltage. It is elevated some time to around 16 volts. I don't see a separate voltage regulator on the machine. The Stator appears to be controlled by the CDI box. Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
11,157 Posts
You should check with your local dealer. There is a recall on those models for faulty ECM's (#29) that can cause fires. You may get it replaced by Polaris.

If you've already replaced the CDI (#11) you should tell him about that too.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 Polaris Magnum Voltage Regulator Location

Can anyone tell me where the voltage regulator is at on a 2003 polaris magnum. I have had the plastic off and cant seem to locate it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's a limiter located in the front to the left, it has 3 female wires coming out, then there's the ECM in the very front and if think that acts as the voltage regulator. Still doing research, hope that helps part # 4010684

1 - 7 of 7 Posts