Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an '03 Magnum 330 and the CDI box burned up, which I now know is a common issue with this CDI box. Problem is they are not cheap, $250.

A '02 Magnum 325 CDI box is the same physical size, has the same connection and is 200 bucks cheaper ... but is a different part number.

Can the 325 CDI box be used in replace of the 330 box? Has anyone tried this with or without success? I am not knowledgeable enough to know.

Any other suggestions? I am buying a service manual to find out exactly why it fried but my guess is that I kept trying to start the engine, turning it over and over, during my rebuild with the charger on the battery.

Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have an '03 Magnum 330 and the CDI box burned up, which I now know is a common issue with this CDI box. Problem is they are not cheap, $250.

A '02 Magnum 325 CDI box is the same physical size, has the same connection and is 200 bucks cheaper ... but is a different part number.

Can the 325 CDI box be used in replace of the 330 box? Has anyone tried this with or without success? I am not knowledgeable enough to know.
Most folks are not going to know this answer unless the person has tried this, and I think that would be a rarity....it is doubtful if some Polaris shops would know this.
Any other suggestions? I am buying a service manual to find out exactly why it fried but my guess is that I kept trying to start the engine, turning it over and over, during my rebuild with the charger on the battery.

Thanks!
There is a chance it would work, and your just trying to save money, and that's understandable, however, you might consider a warrantied after market CDI made specifcally for your unit/ATV. And still save a bunch of money......:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts