Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put new battery and starter, give caulk and in neutral can here starter turning but wont start,

Has the engine gone ???

Any help and Advice about this issue will be very usefull

·
Registered
60 Posts
have you tried pull starting it.a friend of mine has 500 predator wouldnt start with starter we couldnt figure it out.dealer finally found the problem .the valve shims were worn out.starts like it should now.this could be your problem.try pull starting with another quad or something,his would start by doing this and ran fine until he shut it off and the motor cooled down.good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah I had the same problem with the not starting thing, pull the head cover off and measure the shims your valves could be cupped, good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
am new, by shims u mean the teeth on the starter and what valves are cupped ??

also started it a bit go, and it just clicks every time i press the electric start, what is this clicking it comes from the back of the quad.

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your intake, exhaust valves, the clicking may mean you have a bad starter and the teeth are not engaging. Can you bump start it down a hill?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
starter turns ( can here it turn), but it is still not starting and the clicking is comming from the starter solenoid (the black box near battery)

·
Registered
4 Posts
if starter turns but motor wont the one way clutch quit working.(bolts might be brokin)you will find that behind the stator cover.if you need to see a diagram of that,go to partspitstop.com they have online diagrams of that bike.you can also buy a manual for that specific bike.about 50.00 for the book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts