Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2003 Polaris Predator 500 . About five months ago it was stolen and the police just found it behind a house in the ghetto . Anyway I brought it home fired it up . It was running like crap so I adjusted the throttle an got it idling and running . So I excitedly hoped on and ripped it
Down the block . Well 4th gear is missing . It's just nothing . Every other gear is still there . An at hard acceleration it will big down on me . So rather the rebuilding the bottom end I was thinking I could just swap an 04 predator bottom end with my 03 top end . Anyone know how hard this will be ? Or any advise ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
03-04 are the same machine. Should be a simple thing, but a lot of extra work over just putting in the complete 04 motor. And if you're going to tear down that far you are almost at the point of just fixing the one you have.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Craigslist, ebay, maybe the classifieds here or another forum. Otherwise, there has to be a shop somewhere around you that can split it and repair it. Do as much of the work as you can yourself. Pull the engine, take the top end off, etc. That will save you a lot of labor $$$.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I have no issues pulling the motor taking the top end off I can even rent a puller and split the case and but the gear or fork myself . But is it going to be more the 300 for them to reassemble the bottom end cause if so I can just buy a bottom end on eBay . Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts