Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took bike from CA to CO for elk, ran normal/perferct. Parked for 10 days, reloaded and back to CO for deer. Bike sat uncovered in a snow storm but that wasn't unusual. But, it didn't start when we got to camp. As best I could tell there was intermittent spark. Tried all the easy stuff. It was over my head.

The mechanic installed a new ingition/stator kit. Very good/complete kit with new everything, cdi, coils, plug wires, fly wheel, stator, wiring etc. The bike fired right up with the new kit. Problem solved it runs perfect again.

However, for the first time ever the digital display will flash statr as I'm driving with everything operating fine. I have the book and it says this is due to the guage sensing movement but no rpms for 10 seconds or could be a wiring problem.

Does anyone know if it is safe to assume this is due to the guage not sensing the same equipment and I should just learn to ignore this? Or, is there a trick to reseting the guage or display so this doesn't flash. Or do I have a proplem and should bring it back to mechanic?

·
Registered
517 Posts
welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome again to the board!:pfeif:

·
Registered
4 Posts
steelhead where did you find all the parts for your ignition up-grade i have had my kit on #2202603 on back order for going on 90 days. i sure am disappointed with polaris. and they just keep giving me dates. all most makes a polaris guy go out to honda.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The kit was purchased from the dealer in Ukiah, CA. They said it would be a couple weeks and after that they said it was back ordered but it only took about another 10 days or so. I guess it was a bit of luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was once told that if you unhook the cables from the battery for 45 minutes it will reset to factory settings. I don't know if its true, but it is something very simple that may be worth a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 statr reading Polaris sportsman 700

Any help out there
I had the whole electrical system upgrade on my 2003 sposrtman 700 twin
Flywheel as well
After it was done everything is perfect except reads statr flashes on dash.cant
Get a hold of mechanic that did it but last year when he did it said needs to do something with the wireing no big deal takes a couple min.does anyone know how to stop this from reading on insterment panel.tried disconnecting battery for hour did not do it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any help out there
I had the whole electrical system upgrade on my 2002 sposrtman 700 twin
Flywheel as well
After it was done everything is perfect except reads statr flashes on dash.cant
Get a hold of mechanic that did it but last year when he did it said needs to do something with the wireing no big deal takes a couple min.does anyone know how to stop this from reading on insterment panel.tried disconnecting battery for hour did not do it.so if anyone had and fixed this issue can you shoot me a message thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts