Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first ATV - good shape but will need new tires. The manual states the stock sizes are: front 25 x 8 - 12 & rear 25 x 11 - 12. Searching for new tires online, I am finding some sites that say the rear size should be 25 x 11 - 10. I'm confused.

·
Registered
455 Posts
yep what you have on is what my 05 has, not sure why your search is saying something different

·
Registered
615 Posts
Not to sound rude, but what size is marked on the sidewall of the tires that are currently on it? I'd go by that when searching for new tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been looking for the sizes that the manual says and also what is on the tires that are on there. Just a little confused as to why a couple of the sites were stating a different size for the rear.

Appreciate the help - I'm new at this.
Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
My 2001 came with the 25x11x10 from the factory. I'm almost positive it was the last year to use the 10 inch rear rims. Just glad they kept the same bolt pattern. Just do your search by the size.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I have found the tires: Kenda Bear Claw. 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear. Now for rims. One website said 12x7 4.0 + 3.0 front and 12x7 2.0 + 5.0 rear. Could the exact same size be used for both front and rear?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts