Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 sportsman 600 and had to do the ignition upgrade due to a cooked CDI box.Since doing the upgrade now the override button does not work to scroll the speedometer cluster and when in AWD and you switch to reverse the AWD light on the right handlebar goes out. When changed back to Low or high the AWD comes back on.This is driving me crazy. I've already spent 700.00 on the upgrade and the mechanic is at a loss.Any help would be aprecciated.I've got a multimeter and I'm willing to try anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tryed it again today and i engaged for a min and then went out again in reverse. When the ovrride is pressed the engine still breaks up in reverse like a rev limiter. Does this sound like a bad switch or connection? Anyone know how to test the switch?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it! The problem had nothing to do with the ignition upgrade.The override and headlight switch plugs were green with corrosion on the pins. A brass brush and some contact cleaner and good as new.It's just amzing how when you fix one thing something else breaks at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts