Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, long time lurker here...

Bought myself a 04.5 sportsman 600 this summer, has 1250 miles on it as of now.
In an effort to chase a little power out of it, I installed a k&n and a dynojet jet kit. Now I'm wanting to clutch it (I think)
Not planning on running huge tires, probably stay stock or bump up to 26's at the most. I trail ride an use the quad when hunting, mudding to us consists of puddles once in a while. I'm larger then most riders at 375#, usually carrying another 40-60# of gear when hunting.

Looking to get a little more bottom end grunt and throttle response. Was pretty well set on buying an epi clutch kit, but when researching other brands I came across dalton saying the 600 is vibrated pretty good from the factory, and they only sell a different spring. After seeing that, I figured I'd pop on here and ask your general thoughts on a full kit, vs a spring only for a 600?
Money is not the deciding factor here, if the full kit is worth the money, I'll order that. If the spring gets me 95% of the way there though, I may stick with that.
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
The general consensus is that a QSC clutch kit is the way to go. But you have some good points about going with just the spring or the whole kit. Talk to Ryan the owner over at RVSPerformance he'll get you straightened out. Great guy really knowledgeable and down to earth.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rvs website doesnt list a full kit for the 600 either, maybe a spring is all that's needed.
In any case, I'll be calling them monday and buying what he reccomends!

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
Rvs website doesnt list a full kit for the 600 either, maybe a spring is all that's needed.
In any case, I'll be calling them monday and buying what he reccomends!
That's what I would do talk Ryan. Crazy I was out riding today and ended meeting a guy on the trail that has done a lot of business with Ryan. Nothing but good things to say about him.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up with a epi red primary spring, did enough to keep me happy for now. A newer 850/1000 is close enough in my future that I decided to hold off on buying a full kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts