Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wandering if anyone has tried the dalton DBW 500 for the 2004 500 ho.
I know I want a clutch kit to decrease belt slippage.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I have had EPI kits and they are quality kits but are not fine tuned to your exact application. I have never owned the Dalton so I can not speak on that one. Have you already ruled out a Quad Shop Customs kit? I would get a QSC over both the EPI and the Dalton.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If you want a complete kit, I vote ditto to the above. But you could also just try a red spring from all I've heard on here to fix your quad. Depends on what you want to do with your quad. (mudding, bigger tires,lift.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not a dedicated mudder although I don't go around them. I mostly climb hills(sometimes slow like when making a trail out of a creek, sometimes fast like when blasting up a long steep hill such as in LBL @ Kentucky. We have a lot of sandy creeks and when they're wet they try to swallow your rig. I've learned the hard way to use low range but have even smelled the belt in low range when taking off on a steep hill or marred down in the wet quick sand. My goal ultimately is to minimize belt slippage and reduce the need for low range, any gains in low/mid range power would be a plus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts