Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need to know what other clutches fit my 04 500 Sportsman EBS? The cost of rebuilding it was around $400 and a new clutch costs $525. So I need to buy a good used clutch from ebay or someone on here and I was just trying to find out what other clutches would fit the atv. I would like to keep the EBS if I could. Thanks

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
If it doesn't need a new bearing I could rebuild out for about $275 plus shipping. Another $60 for the bearing. Otherwise your best bet it's really to buy new as you will be taking a chance on a used one not being any better than the one you already have.if you want used, any year 500 will work, 600, 700, 800, 400 four stroke too, but those will all require different weights and springs than what they will have in them.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
With any cranks it needs to be replaced. Good call. 850 and 550 clutch will not work. They rotate the other way and could become disassembled while rotating. All the XPs have EBS though. Anything from a 400 (4 stroke), 500, 600, 700, 800 will work with the correct weights and spring. If you need them too, I would suggest a clutch kit at this time as well, since you will be replacing all the stuff anyway. May as well upgrade the performance while you're at it.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Yes, the 800 one would work. Looks to be in good condition and a decent price as well. Not sure if it's EBS or not though but you can always have the one way bearing installed if it's not.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Not all of them have the ridges. It's confusing as can be, I know. I almost always replace worn out ones with new. Really good used ones are hard to find and most don't know a good one from one that needs a rebuild unless it flat out doesn't work. Think about the damage and wear in yours and remember that all the rest of them out there are doing the same things to themselves. Typically clutches need some attention at 3000ish miles. So if you get a used one with 2500 on it you will be right back here in another 500-1000 miles. How long does that take you to do?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts