Polaris ATV Forum banner

04 700 EFI check engine and other issues

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Vito Grippaldi 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I just purchased a used 04 sportsman 700 EFI and found a few issues. The check engine light appears quite often. I checked the codes and the 41 and 45 came out. Does anyone know how to fix it? I read some posts and noticed that this is quite a common problem. An other issue I have is that I wanted to chenge the spark plugs but it was very difficult to access them and remove them, in particular the one on the right side. Any help on this? I still have an other one: the engine starts but very often wouldn't idle and dies. So I need to restart it or keep it up in and shft the gear with the knee (a little naive, but works!). Is trhere a way to adjust the idle ? thanks to all those who will take the time to help me

#3 ·
OK. I found a broken wire that goes into alittle box close to the air intake. i just wrapped up and now it seems to work better. I guess it was the t-bap sensor, but I am not sure. as a matter of fact now the check engine light doesn't appear any more and it idles better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.