Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best battery for 2004 700 sportsman or what size batteries does it take I will have to cut my negative lead on mine to get it out so I would like to have one to replace it with when I do.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
They take a 30L why cut the neg? unbolt the battery box, then take the whole thing out, battery will be stuck in battery box,

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the battery stuck in the box but the battery terminals everytime I try to unscrew the deal is corroded up so bad it twist the deal down inside the battery terminal so I'll probably just replace all my battery cables. and thanks for battery size:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
re: stuck battery

I hated how the battery was stuck on my 04. So when I changed the battery I wrapped a piece of 1 inch strap under it and tucked the ends under the battery hold down. Now if I have to remove the battery I just give a quick tug to the strap ends and out it comes.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
That deka is a great battery....thats what I bought for my machine...mine is smaller...but same company..worth it....if you do to a lawn tractor parts place..you can get the cables cheap....just have the lengths you need...6 ga is the norm..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts