Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago my ATP started to spit and sputter and run real rough at around 2700-3000 RPMs. You could get more out of it by pumping the throttle, but it was not running right. At first I thought it was bad gas or water. I drained the tank and added fresh gas. That wasn't it. I took the carb off and cleaned the main jet, etc. Still ran hard. I then noticed that the vacuum slide was not opening smoothly when the RPMs increased. Using a screwdriver I could manually lift the slide as I increased the trhottle and it seemed to run normal and smooth. I think it is the diaphragm, but after looking at the parts breakdown and calling the local Polaris shop, it doesn't look like I can get just the diaphragm. On the top of the diaphragm where it mounts to the carb body, there are not screws, but 2 pressed in fasteners. It looks like you can not take the diaphragm apart to check/replace if needed. On other model carbs this is not the case from looking at several different parts breakdowns.
Has anyone had to deal with this and if so, what is the solution. A new carb is about $400.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
E-bay is MUCH CHEAPER!!! I have had good luck finding great parts on there, plus you can often find performance parts cheaper than stock parts. Go look and good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts