Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Polaris 500, just got it back from the shop after having carburator worked on and rejetted. I can ride it for about 15 mins and it starts to spit and sputter and then shuts off. I can let it set for about 15 mins and starts up again but it still spits and sputters. I can let it sit overnight and it starts up beautifully and runs great for 15 mins and the process starts all over again. Any ideas. Thank

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have an 04 Polaris 500, just got it back from the shop after having carburator worked on and rejetted. I can ride it for about 15 mins and it starts to spit and sputter and then shuts off. I can let it set for about 15 mins and starts up again but it still spits and sputters. I can let it sit overnight and it starts up beautifully and runs great for 15 mins and the process starts all over again. Any ideas. Thank
"just got it back from the shop"

Take it back to the shop and show them the problem.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
sounds like it's getting starved for fuel after it uses what's in the bowl/fuel line.
not to be a dick, but if you had to take it to a shop for a jet kit, i wouldn't touch anything on it and take it immediately back to the shop that rejetted it. they either left a vacuum line off the carb or screwed something else up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts