Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will shift like new if the motor is NOT running. Must be something with the clutches but What? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
527 Posts
First you will need to make sure the shift linkage is adjusted properly. Then I would remove the belt and blow any belt dust from the primary clutch and make sure the sheaves on the clutch are clean. Then I would inspect the one way bearing on the drive clutch to make sure it functions properly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
also check idle speed. if too high will not shift nice. i found out plowing snow with my 600

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got the clutch apart and there is some fine shavings,(not metal), like a plastic bushing or washer in the secondary clutch. I need a parts breakdown to see if/or what part is missing. Anybody have a parts break down they can e-mail me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rebuilt driven clutch w/ bushings ect, then took apart primary clutch and founf 5 little cracks in the sheave that holds the weights,washer that holds oneway bearing away from motor side was worn down to paper thin,and oneway bearing is cutting into other sheave. I think its time for a new primary clutch. so basicly the belt was riding in the grooves on the oneway bearing,but the oneway bearing was sliding toward the inside sheave pinching the belt between the bearing and the sheave. I hope I'm making sense. So OEM primary or aftermarket??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts