Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No spark . When did the ducati end and kokosan begin ? Mine was built 04/15/03 vin #4xach68a94a027386 any help appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dont know how to tell the difference between the 2 , mine has 3a11 stamped on the stator plate .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So looks like i have the black box , kokosan then . Look up parts and it shows no seperate coil , where mine has a cdi box and seperate coil . What the deal here ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it came kokosan from the factory , no spark , took off flywheel , checked trigger coil ohms ok , stator looks like new , found a box on ebay , got it installed sparks good on the tester , pulled plugs and replace them with correct ngk and clean carb get ready to fire it up , no spark again ? Wtf sparks good 1 time then not again till you shut it off and turn the key on again . Whats going on . All thats left is a coil . Did i miss something here .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got a box off ebay installed and checked spark , good spark . Clean carb and ready to start bike , no spark except on 1 st turn then none . Wth is going on . Cleaned the kill switch and lubed all the connections . If i spin it over with the coil disconnected and shut the key off when i hook the coil up again i get a snap/spark as i make the connection .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Checked the stator to pickup clearance and its right at .030 so the should be good . Anything else besides buy a new box .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rechecked the pickup coil while in there and its not shorted to ground but i cannot get a voltage reading off of it . Blue to green at the cdi box

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have an 03 600 sportsman, had the same

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Had the same problem put the new and improved plug and go system in still nothing.finally decided after 500 bucks it was time to get into the stator.turns out after a few hours labour it was just a $20 pickup coil in the stator. they are bad for wearing at this wire.make sure you seal properly when replacing cover.good luck

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You mean the pickup coil mounted outside of the flywheel ? Can you get a seperate one like on the earlier ones ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well new stator complete with pickup coil and new polaris cdi and it still has only 1 spark and then just spins no sparkles . Can the coil cause this ? Only part not replaced .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts