Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recieved it and it had a pertty good leak and come to find out there is a broken bolt on the oil filter housing. could anyone take the rear bolt out of theirs and let me know how deep it is so i dont drill to far and what size bolt it is. also if i dont get it fixed im gonna buy another side cover there is one on ebay it is off a 07 will it fit a 04?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure about bolt sizing, but as far as parts comparability it usually goes like this. 03-05 and 05-07. There were 2 different batches of preds made in 05 for some reason

·
Registered
19 Posts
their not all the same size two are the same and one is longer, pull the others and look hopefully you broke one of the smaller one and you can use it as a guide. but I'm not sure of the exact length hope this helps good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reason for the parts difference in 05 is early model 05's didn't have reverse and still had the old style drum shifter. later model 05's had reverse (you can tell by the black side cases) and had a different ratchet style shifting method. 03-04 are harder to shift and harder to get into neutral than other newer years and other bikes.. Once the Outlaw came out and they introduced the 525 they switched to a completely different KTM 525 Motor. Only motor difference between 03-04 and 05 up is the transmission parts everything else is the same.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Reason for the parts difference in 05 is early model 05's didn't have reverse and still had the old style drum shifter. later model 05's had reverse (you can tell by the black side cases) and had a different ratchet style shifting method. 03-04 are harder to shift and harder to get into neutral than other newer years and other bikes.. Once the Outlaw came out and they introduced the 525 they switched to a completely different KTM 525 Motor. Only motor difference between 03-04 and 05 up is the transmission parts everything else is the same.
Thanks man I've been wondering about that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts