Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 04 Predator 50 that used to run, but had very low compression, a stripped out spark plug thread and generally very hard to start. I rebuilt the top end with Polaris parts. I will borrow a compression tester today from the auto parts store to see where that rebuild got me. I went to crank it last night and it just won't even try to fire up. It's turning over, there is spark, it just won't fire up. The plug got wet so it's getting some fuel. Assuming my compression is good after the rebuild, where should I start to look?

I've adjusted the throttle cable to specs as I know that made all the difference in the world on my 06 predator.

I've replaced the carb with an aftermarket carb, maybe it needs adjustments, but I did everything exactly like I did on the 06 and it runs well.

Any idea where I should start looking? I've been working on this thing on and off for almost a year now and I'm ready to get it back off my bench so my kids can ride it again.

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
Too much fuel? If the plug comes out wet, it's flooded - shut the fuel off, take the spark plug out, position the piston at BDC, set a window fan to blow across the spark plug hole and leave it alone for a day, then come back and try again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I shouldn’t say The plug is wet, but smells of fuel. I let it dry out, popped a new plug in and same result. It sounds exactly the same with or without the plug in. If it was flooded it flooded again right away. Any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts