Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
9,809 Posts
The belt looks a little tired. Pull it off and inspect it closely but also check the one-way bearing in the primary to see if it turns smooth by hand and is easy one way but not the other.

·
9,809 Posts
Did you have the tranny in gear or N when it was sitting still at idle. It won't turn in gear unless the machine is moving. Rev it up in N and see how it acts and if the belt is running centered in the primary or against one side or the other.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you ! I will check it tomorrow. I decided beer sounded like a better plan since I was not winning tonight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Will do! Thanks for all your help. I think the one way bearing is the culprit. Should I swap out the belt while it is apart too?
Hopefully I get the gear indicator corrected easily. I am thinking I mist be a tooth off if that is possible

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well.... I was able to correct the gear indication issue which was easy. My one way bearing goes both clockwise and counterclockwise so I am pretty sure that is toast. While I have it apart i am putting the clutch back to stock.
The belt does not look bad to me but I think I will take it with me when I bring this clutch in to get the bearing switched out. Do you think this could have been my problem the whole time (the one way bearing in primary clutch)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well I dropped the clutch off at the service dept at the dealer and they will put a new 1 way bearing in it this week and I also asked their recommendation for the belt. Hopefully by Thursday night it is all back together if I can get my clutch back Thursday

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Nice, hope this solves all the issues. OEM belt is about the best there is. Gates also makes a very good belt for less $$$.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Me too! I want this back together. We have a trip planned to ride this Saturday. I am also hoping to sell it and get something a bit newer and I do not feel right selling something that is not working correctly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well I got the bearing replaced last week and was able to ride Saturday 40 or 50 miles without problems! Thanks for all your help ever3

21 - 30 of 30 Posts