Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 Sportsman 500 Temp light is on. Turn the key on dash lights up...as soon as I let go of cranking starter the HOT light comes onto the dash. Is this indicative of a bad temp sensor or could it be other demons at work?

I have read about air in the system, fan not coming on, and what not but this is on before the bike is even running.

If so do I need to worry about overheating if my fan does come on later? Or can I just ride it as is for now.

I had another post of other crap that was wrong electrically but I need to start fresh with the final few issues before I give her a go!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how the fan will run being as I cant start the bike til I get my bendix in. This just happens to be the next issue I ran into. I am sure that light only trips so many ways. So process of elimination I am sure I'll figure it out. I was told the fan comes on with this light going off by previous owner.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I got the pull start fixed up and got her fired up, let it run a bit, no light came on so possible wiring issue but I do have the typical Polaris leak from the mechanical seal, so Ill be replacing that soon. The fan did not come on but I do not think it got entirely too hot either, ran for about 10-15 minutes and the fan did not come on it was about 35 degrees out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts