Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this atv. I looked in the owners manual, but no luck. What is the switch next to the speedo for? It is labeled H off L, i thought it was for the front lights, but no dice. Thank you for your time.

·
11,302 Posts
Sounds like a hand warmer switch to me. Do you have wires coming out of the grips? Do they get warm when you leave the switch on for a while?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
That sounds like a hand warmers switch, if labeled as that (High-Off-Low). The head lights will be @ your left thumb.

It could also be the rear work lights or rear diff lock (turf mode), depending on the year and model. But for a 2004, I'd guess hand warmers most likely!

Enjoy your new machine.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I thot the turf mode switch was on the same switch as the AWD switch on the machines that have turf mode...all the ones I seen are on the handlebar switch except the RZR...

·
Super Moderator
7,059 Posts
I thot the turf mode switch was on the same switch as the AWD switch on the machines that have turf mode...all the ones I seen are on the handlebar switch except the RZR...
That is correct.

With the high and low positions, I would agree with the majority here that it is most likely hand and/or thumb warmer.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Yes, true for factory installed..... but on a used machine, no one but the original owner of the modification knows what was added or "baster-dized".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts