Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was riding and the battery light started flashing.so I checked the connections and everything was good.when the light would flash the atv would sputter a little.i got home and charged the battery(1 year old battery) and put a meter on the battery at idol and it would slowly creep up in voltage.when I would rev it to 3500 or so it would drop down a little and then come back up. Is the stator or any other part dealing with the battery going bad?

·
Registered
126 Posts
When mine had done that before the battery was fried. Had an '03 600. I guess it could be the stator. All I can tell you is that when mine did that, either the battery needed a charge or needed replacing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah, for me it's to take it to a mechanic though. While I can do a very few things mechanical, I have zero knowledge with electrical. Wish I could be more help. I am guessing still that it's the battery just from my experience. I know its only a year old but that'd be my guess. Just try charging the battery, if you haven't already, and try to run again. The only other time mine would ever flash was when it was not charged up after sitting a while. Charging fixed it except the time it was the battery.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nevermind.problem fixed.was a loose connection coming off the voltage regulator causing it to not charge and to be stuck around 12.5 volts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts