Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike starts good with choke out. Will not idle when choke is in without maintaining with throttle, and that is not consistent. Cleaned carb, didn't help. Help please.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Banned
7 Posts
First question I have for you is do you use the throttle to start it when its cold? The reason I ask is because the ETC switch in the throttle block can sometimes cause it to not idle unless you just barely apply throttle. Pop the top of the throttle housing off and make sure that the metal contacts do not touch when idling, if they do tighten your cable up some. If their not touching, we can look at some other avenues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bruce, great site. Jgilbert, thanks for the reply, had already checked that. Found that the pilot jet in the carb was completely clogged. Cleaned it out and now running like a champ. Thanks for help anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the adjustment is right on the cable, loosen the jamnut or black disc the spin the larger part either out or in as needed. I have found that my trailboss had the choke cable and throttle cable and idle all adjust so badly from the previous owner that it wouldn't run and i've finally figured it out. I feel so relieved and want to offer help if i can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts