Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a broken front rubber motor mount broken motor was twisted to the left real good. Replaced realigned now wont start? Thinking kinked a fuel line but all looks good? Am going to pull the tank for a better look. Any other ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a broken front rubber motor mount broken motor was twisted to the left real good. Replaced realigned now wont start? Thinking kinked a fuel line but all looks good? Am going to pull the tank for a better look. Any other ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advanced!
Nobody has any ideas?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Do you have spark, do you have fuel flow? Begin at the beginning and give us some details. It sounds like you may have pulled a wire off somewhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I found sometime to have a closer look last weekend. Pulled tank checked for spark. Lots of spark on both plugs. Could smell fuel when I was trying to start it last time. Thought id pull carb anyways as it smelled as if it was getting flooded. Found problem right off the bat. The rubber manifold between carb and cylinders had big rip in it. When I realigned motorthat rip had 1/4" gap. Was cconcerned I might have been sucking a bunch of dust. Both cylinders have 175psi of compression so I think I'm good ordered part going to put new plugs in as they are real easy to get at now. Thxs for all who replyed.

·
Registered
376 Posts
How the mount break?, sounds like it's been beat on big time, relax and take it easy or your life may depend on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No idea been broken for a while by the looks of it. It was just a rubber mount. I wouldn't say I beat on but I do use it to the machines limits.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
once you break a mount, and they do it with just wear and vibration, the motor can twist quite a bit. Its normally that you will have clutch issues and creeping than non start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts