Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Readers,
Hi to all who are reading i have a 2004 Trail blazer with engine problems i started ripping it down got the head off found a broken ring on the piston . I need help on where to go from here , any ideas how to get the piston off or what should i do, i do not have any special tools any ideas on how to get the clutch off of the PVT system or the crank out or the piston please help!!! NEED IDEAS!!! THANK YOU ... the piston looks like chunks are taken out like really small ones i thought of just putting a ring in and boom but i dunno help please

Zak

·
Registered
527 Posts
I would get a service manual as it will give you the information you need. To remove the drive clutch you will need a clutch puller which we happen to sell. Then you will need basic hand tools to tear down the top end of the motor. You will need special tools to tear down the bottom end of the motor. Can you take pictures of the piston and cylinder? Do you know why this happened? We do bore the cylinders and offer piston kits for your machine. www.dirtydawgperformance.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually did buy a service manual for this tear down i have air and hand tools in the shop this was like a special request i normally do cars and trucks, cylinder looks like it just needs de glazed and a new piston and rings should be ok to go i belive what you think?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts