Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After changing the belt it will not go into Hi and you have to have the shift lever all the way to the plastic to get it into Low. When I was taking the old belt off I noticed the rear pulley was moving forward to the front the more I pulled on the belt. I'm not sure if I had it in Park or not. Does that matter.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
It mounts on top of those brackets you should be able see the mount holes with the "winch cover" off up front!

·
Registered
56 Posts
check to make sure your main gearcase is tight to the frame and the motor.mounting brackets - 4 in total one on the motor one on the back side and 1 on each side of the gearcase at the bottom. the footwells will have to come off.Sound like it has come loose the two in bolts in the motor mount need lock tite.Just a guess!

·
Registered
82 Posts
i changed mine and for about 1 week it was hard to shirt it into anygear..my guess is to drive it so the belt wears a bit..i dunno.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I finally figured it out. I pulled that black plastic cover on the right side of the gear case and the gear on that shaft was missing 8 of the 11 teeth. $13 part. All good now. Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts