Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 700 Efi Sportsman has been doing fine today I went riding had low beam lights on and was returning home and it just shut off everything , display blank, no fuel pump nothing, sat there maybe 10 seconds switched back on started back up everything alright, did it twice more, acted same way, turned lights off it ran back home that time, I am thinking pdm or ecu what ever you call it what do you guys think? Acts just like a circuit breaker getting hot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem, any luck finding the issue?

Hi.

I have a 2004 Polaris 700 that just started to do the same you describe. It shuts off when ever the headlights are on but starts again if I wait.

I did all the trouble shooting on the electrical system discribed in the repair manual and the system is good. Charging, etc. is 'A' OK. Kinda stumped by this.

Did you ever find the problem?

Cheers,

Rick

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been a while but I will try I think that there were some circuit breakers say four of them , open front cargo cover pull radiator cap cover right in the area behind radiator cap but in front of steering stem four breakers in a row I just went ahead and changed all four, instead of buying the OE Polaris ones I went to parts store and bought a universal type spade circuit breaker you just cut the spades to the length you need, cheaper but it is your choice, best I can remember that did it, best of luck

·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
ive had this problem on a few machines in my shop,it kept tripping the circuit breaker.there was a short in the electrical system,the cooling fan motor was fried.it melted the power wires going to the fan,we unpluged the fan at the connector and the breaker quit tripping.we repaired the melted wires and changed the fan motor,everything was good after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts