Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently installed a hmf slip on exhaust and a k&n filter (the cylinder shaped one that uses a bracket mounted to the stock air box w/out cover) Once I was done with that I took the predator into the shop to have the carb cleaned and provided them with a dyno jet kit and had them rejet it for me too. When I went to pick it up the guy told me he was just barley able to get it dialed in with the largest jet in the kit which was a 185 and said I should be ok for around here (colorado, over a mile high) and higher elevation but if I wanna go down closer to sea level like when I want to go to the dunes I'll have to rejet again and should start out at around a 195 jet. From everything I have seen looking around forums these jets seem really large compaired to others so my question would be does this seem right to anyone and what are you guys using that have similar set ups to mine?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:cowboy:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sounds to me like you should look for an air leak on your intake setup somewhere. Once you get the air leak taken care of you should be dropping main jets like crazy.

thats way to big a jet for that setup. im running stock jets but im at a 175 main and it was jetting for a pipe that had no guts in it at all just an outter pipe and a clamp on air filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts